Wednesday, 24 August 2016

PHOTOS: Police force 34 year old Muslim mother to remove her Burkini on Nice beach, France

 

Police officers armed with pepper spray and batons marched onto Cannes beach, Nice, France on Tuesday and ordered a Muslim woman wearing a burkini to strip off, and after she did so, wrote down a fine for her.
Images of the confrontation on Tuesday show at least four police officers standing over the woman who was resting on the shore at the town’s Promenade des Anglais, the scene of last month’s Bastille Day lorry attack.


This comes after some French cities including Nice implemented bans on women wearing Burkinis, a garment worn by Muslim women that covers the body and hair, mostly used when at the beach.
According to the AFP, another young Muslim mother was ordered off the beach at Cannes and fined for simply wearing a headscarf.
Three armed officers pointed a pepper spray canister in the 34-year-old's face and told her she was in breach of a new rule outlawing swimming costumes that cover the entire body. 
According to the woman, the 'racist' officers simply wanted to humiliate her in front of her children and other family members, even though she was not even wearing a burkini.
“I was sitting on a beach with my family,” said the 34-year-old who gave only her first name, Siam. I was wearing a classic headscarf. I had no intention of swimming.”
'I wasn't even planning to swim, just to dip my feet,' said Siam, who was wearing leggings, a top, and a headscarf.
When asked why she was dressed 'inappropriately', Siam replied:
 'I didn't know exactly what was going on, I hadn't really followed the controversy'.
Siam at first refused to undress or to leave the beach, saying: 'My children were crying as they witnessed my humiliation'. 
Siam accepted an on-the-spot fine of around 9 pounds, and her details were recorded on what will amount to a criminal record. She said:
'Today we are not allowed on the beach. Tomorrow, the street? Tomorrow, we'll be forbidden from practicing our religion at all? 
'I'm in the country of human rights. I see no trace of the principles of liberty, equality and fraternity. I am outraged that this could happen in France.' 
Last week, Nice became the latest French resort to ban the burkini. Using language similar to the bans imposed earlier at other locations, the city banned clothing that “overtly manifests adherence to a religion at a time when France and places of worship are the target of terrorist attacks”.




Source: LIB



50 year old VGC businesswoman was allegedly murdered by gateman over salary



A 50 year old woman was stabbed to death at her home at House J68B, Close 9, VGC, Ajah Lagos on Saturday August 20th. Spokesperson of the Lagos state Police command, Dolapo Badmos, who confirmed the incident, said the woman whose identity was being concealed, was stabbed on her stomach in the early hours of the day and was found in the pool of her blood.

A report by Vanguard revealed that the deceased was a businesswoman named Mabel Okafor, who lived alone in her duplex and had no domestic worker except a gate man, allegedly responsible for her death following an argument over his salary. The unidentified gate man was said to have resumed work about two months ago after a referral from the deceased's former gate man.

Although security has been tightened up in the area, a resident revealed some details anonymously. He said, “Nobody knew that the woman was dead until last Friday. We learned that she was stabbed last Wednesday, but it was not until her church members visited on Friday that they found her decomposing body. The gate of the building was only bolted, but not locked when the church members came. One of them said they became apprehensive after several calls to her mobile telephone indicated that her line was switched off, prompting them to pay her a visit, only to be welcome with a stench from her room. Her body was found on the floor of the sitting room downstairs, with a knife protruding out of her stomach."

The report also revealed that some gate men from the suspected culprit’s ethnic group said he had boasted that he would leave an indelible mark on her madam, following argument over increase in his salary. They said he claimed he was being paid N20k but demanded for an increase of N10k, but the woman refused.

Another resident, who gave his name as Goke, said: “Police have not been able to get the gate man since the incident occurred, neither have they been able to reach the one that brought him. The gate man went away with her phone. We have been warned several times to employ private guards from registered security companies, but some landlords here do not heed the advice."

PHOTOS: First Int’l cargo aircraft lands in Akanu Ibiam Airport, Enugu- Courtesy of Ethiopian Airlines


The First International Cargo aircraft landed at the Akanu Ibian Airport in Enugu state yesterday. The state governor, Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi was at the airport alongside members of his cabinet and other dignitaries to receive the cargo flight which was an Ethiopian Boeing 757 cargo aircraft.

According to Governor Ugwuanyi, the landing of cargo airplanes at the airport will help in the transportation of goods from all parts of the world to the South East region and also provide job opportunities for the people.
“Today we have gathered again to celebrate the first landing of cargo at this same airport, and which once more has happened courtesy of the Ethiopian Airlines. It will save costs, enhance convenience and safety in importation of goods apart from promoting employment and raising the international profile of the airport and the entire region”he said





Source: LIB




SHOCKING: Lagos police discover shallow graves in home of prophet who chained his teenage son and 27 others


The Commissioner for Police in Lagos state, Fatai Owoseni, has disclosed that shallow graves were discovered at the home of 70 year old Prophet Emmanuel Adeyemi who chained his son and 27 others at his Oyinbo Unity Estate home in Ojodu, Lagos state.

Speaking to newsmen at the police command yesterday August 23rd, Owoseni said the prophet who claims to be a traditional medicine practitioner, was arrested alongside his first wife last weekend after they got a tipoff that the couple buried some dead persons in their home.
“We got a tip-off that there were people he buried in that compound and he confirmed it during interrogation. Because the area is swampy, the suspect had allegedly buried some people in the swamp and about three others in the house. When we asked him of their identities, he said it was some of his patients that were brought to his home from the hospital, after they were given up for dead. He said the patients finally died in his care and were buried in the swamp. When we also queried him on the claims that he sold the body parts of the deceased to ritualists, he swore that he was only a traditional healer and not a human parts seller”
According to the Commissioner, the prophet claimed he chained his teenage son, Toba Adedoyin Adeyemi, for weeks so he could cure him from stealing.
“When we got information that a teenager was locked up in a house, the area G Commander invited the suspect, who claimed that his son was known for stealing and so he locked him up in chains to cure him from stealing. While we were still on that case, we got another credible tip off that there were other people chained up in that same house. Of course, we carried out a raid and confirmed the allegation to be true. But before then, we had contacted the Lagos State Government because we don’t have the facility to keep the rescued persons. His claims now that he has been arrested is that he is a herbalist, but why didn’t he tell us that when we first invited him to the station for locking up his stepson? He only told us that he wanted to cure his son of stealing.”he said

People can be wicked sha...hian!!!

Source: Linda Ikeji


Concerned Sen Murray Bruce tweets in favour of 18k minimum wage employees; See the reply he gets


See reply below;


But seriously, sometimes i wonder why Nigerians settle for less, and adapt to very inconvenient situations. That's why we get alotta sh*t, cos we only clamour for a while and that's the end, its just so sad. We should learn to speak up and fight for the best till we see it through. Imagine, how will N18,000 be enough to sustain a family for crying out loud. Some people needs to be considerate


Tuesday, 16 August 2016

Job Vacancy: COMMUNICATION EXECUTIVES needed at ZATELA Nigeria...APPLY NOW!!!


Zatela is a recently launched ecommerce platform that houses several online outlets where each of the outlets specialize in selling specific products. We specialize in the Nationwide retail of suits and shoes offering a payment on delivery service Nationwide. The company is a young company filled
with young people in their twenties and early 30’s. We have fun in each others company and also get all the required work done.
Zatela is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communication Executive
Location:
 Lagos
Job Description
  • The job of the communications persons would primarily be in the acquisition of new clients for the purpose of retail or increased inventory.
  • We are very patient and we equip you with all the tools needed to succeed in every given task.
Qualifications / Requirements
  • Minimum of B.Sc. or HND.
  • No experience required as we would be taking up the responsibility of your training.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should send their CV’s and applications to: careers@zatela.com with the subject of the mail, “Communications Executive”
Application Deadline  26th August, 2016.


Monday, 1 August 2016

NITDA SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME 2016/2017

The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), with its mandate of transforming Nigeria into an IT driven economy for global competitiveness and the dire need to bridge the digital divide, has since 2010 established a Scholarship Scheme for Masters (MSc) and Doctorate (PhD) Degrees in relevant areas of Information Technology (IT) obtainable in Nigerian (Government and Private) Universities.
NOTE: This scholarship scheme only applies to candidates who are willing to study in any of the higher institutions either federal, state or private universities in Nigeria i.e. this scholarship scheme does not apply to foreign universities.
The scholarship award is strictly based on merit and is evenly distributed between the six geo-political zones for PhD and the 36 States and FCT for MSc.
The Masters programme will run for one year and the Doctorate programme is expected to run for three years.
PhD: Only University Lecturers with MSc in any Information Technology related field are eligible to apply for sponsorship.

MSc: Holders of First Class or Second Class (Upper) Honours Bachelor's degree, (BSc) in Information Technology related field.
The registration period is six (6) weeks from the date of the Newspaper publication.
A comprehensive Aptitude Test will be conducted to determine successful candidates for the Award. Only candidates who are found eligible will be Shortlisted.

Click here to apply now